05 Sep Adshel’s ‘Who is’ Steve Geelan?
Posted on September 5th, 2017 in Blog Posts
Adshel is full of fun and quirky individuals and we pride ourselves on our awesome talent. So, this month we’ve tapped into one of our latest to join the Sydney sales team.
So, who is Steve?
- Name one thing on your bucket list.
Experience the Northern Lights.
- What makes you happy? What gives you the warm and fuzzies?
Nothing makes me happier than being with my two boys, Vincent and Leo. Trying to be a great father to them is what drives me.
- What gives you (scary) goose bumps?
Horror movies do. Hate them, pointless things, why on earth would I actively engage in something that I know is going to scare the #@$ out of me. Ridiculous.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Unequivocally my wife Elsa. (I’d like to take this moment to thank my wife Elsa for helping answer these questions).
- What is your most treasured possession?
I’m not a possession kind of person however I recently inherited an old Rolex watch that my grandad most likely won in a card game working on London’s dock yards at some point in the 1950’s. Very cool.
- Where is/was your favourite holiday destination?
At the moment it’s Fiji as ticks all the boxes for a good holiday with young kids.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
I think I am a “basically” over-user. Its’ basically the word I use a lot.
- You are only allowed to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what is it going to be?
Ah I want to answer something healthy but its pizza.
- What song gets you on the dance floor?
Gold by Spandau ballet.
- If there was a song to sum you up, what would it be?
I have no idea! I’m going to work on that one.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I think my greatest achievement is yet to come. I’m very proud of some accomplishments in my career to date and I’m very proud to be a father. But when I think “greatest achievement” I think I’m at the start of that professionally here at Adshel and personally with my young family.
- If you were a super hero what would your super power be?
Telepathy, get in people’s minds, figure out what is really going on!
- What did you want to be growing up?
A football player (soccer).
- What is the greatest bit of advice you have ever been given?
Not wanting to go all D&M right now but the best advice I’ve been given is around the deepness and honesty you need to approach self-enquiry to start and go on a journey of personal development. It is the key to success and the ongoing attempt at turning up as the best version of yourself every day.
- You can go back in time and change absolutely any ONE thing you want, what would it be?
I struggle with this question! My brain freaks out and starts thinking butterfly effect and everything would be different now if you change just even one thing and would I really want that…….. Oh wait except horror movies, I’d go back and delete horror movies as a thing.